20110707

THE INDIE LIT CITY SUMMIT: FRIENDS & RESOURCES

The first (and hopefully not the last) Indie Lit City Summit will be held in Washington DC on July 16. What is it? Here's (part of) the description from the website:
The Indie Lit City Summit is a regional gathering of editors, publishers, reading series coordinators, and other literary organizers to raise questions, surface issues, share information, and collaborate on solutions. There is an enormous amount of experience and expertise in our community that can be tapped into to better all our work.

I would definitely be going if I was still in the Baltimore/DC area. I would maybe even go now if I could afford it. The travel that is, because the event itself is FREE.

And then there's the Independent Publishing Wiki, which I found through the City Lit Summit site. This kind of knowledge sharing & community building is wonderful.

No comments: