20100914

SOME ROOM TO MOVE

I got my hands on a digital camera for a brief time yesterday, so I thought that I’d take some pictures of the new studio here in Colorado to share with everyone.

A view of the pressroom from one corner. You can see 4 of the 5 presses (not counting the proofing press) that we have. The one you can’t see is an 8” x 12” Chandler & Price platen press.


The bindery and classroom space.


The type room, which I will soon start calling the composing room, as soon as I clear out some space for composing to happen.


And now some close-ups. Back in the press room:
Galleys and furniture!


Ink!


In the bindery, copies and pieces of the current Press publication The Burden of the Beholder: Dave Armstrong and the Art of Collage, which will be released soon.



A broadside about our type collection.


And type, type, and more type. And there’s more too, not pictured here, because it’s not in this room yet.


& THESE MACHINES
And the presses:

The Vandercook 219 AB.



The Asbern, a smallish German made cylinder press. It has some really great features that I will detail in a later post.


The Vandercook Universal 3.



The (giant) Vandercook Universal 4.



It’s nice to be home.

No comments: