It was after the printing of the black that I ran into my first (and only real) problem—some of the letters were being completely covered by the finger/hand prints, so I could not see the outlines in order to cut them. There was no way to reprint the letters, so I decided to make a stencil so that I could redraw the letters over top of the ink. It made sense to use the films that I made the plates from, seeing as how they were a) plastic, and b) a perfect match.

After the stencils were complete (for now) I redrew the letters where they were needed and finished cutting (sans inked hand, so as not to repeat the covering problem ad infinitum).

No comments: